A Partnership for SuccessState Center Consortium is a grant funded entity of State Center Community College District (SCCCD) located in central California. Primary grant funds are acquired through the California Department of Education and the California Community College Chancellor's Office. SCC provides services related to Career Technical Education (CTE) addressing K-12 and community college systems.
The State Center Consortium (SCC) Advisory Committee consists of partners from regional K-12 school districts, community colleges, state colleges, and businesses. This committee approves and supports SCC events and activities.
Bridging Education and Industry SectorsMISSION STATEMENT
The mission of State Center Consortium is to promote the development of Career Technical Education (CTE) across the Central Valley, in conjunction with SCCCD Colleges and Education Centers, by fostering collaboration among area school districts, regional colleges, and business partners through course articulation, curriculum enhancement, and professional development for CTE educators, thereby facilitating successful preparation of CTE students for post-secondary completion and workforce readiness.
Fostering Collaboration ... Making ConnectionsARTICULATION
State Center Consortium (SCC) established and maintains an online system that facilitates the 2+2 articulation agreements. This is a process that involves coordination between high school Career Technical Education (CTE) or Regional Occupational Program (ROP) courses and the SCCCD College CTE programs.
In addition to the implementation of the 2+2 articulation website, http://articulation.statecenter.com, State Center Consortium frequently hosts events for secondary and post-secondary instructors to come together in a collaborative effort to align curriculum and assessments with the ultimate goal of articulation.
The State Center Consortium coordinates a variety of professional development events including instructional workshops, collaboration meetings, and industry partnering through job shadowing activities.
PURPOSE & COMMITMENT
SCC grants support Career Technical Education through:
- Promotion of Articulation/Dual Enrollment between secondary and post-secondary institutions
- Programs of Study Development
- Professional development for CTE educators, counselors, and administrators
- Job readiness/preparatory services for grades 7-12
- Development of Industry Sector Materials
- Support and training for new CTE Teachers
- Curriculum development & CTE standards alignment
- Teacher job shadowing in business and industry
- Conference scholarships for local CTE educators
- Collaboration with business and industry to facilitate workforce readiness and schools
View Larger Map