Tue, 06/16/2009 - 8:30am - 3:00pm
5080 North Blackstone AvenueFresno, CA 93710-6772
Topics to be addressed:
- WHY the Emphasis on Career Pathways?
- Community Teaming - Secondary/Postsecondary TEAM
- Improving Academic Achievement with Programs of Study (POS)
- Career Planning – Using POS as a Delivery System
- Adult Career Pathways
- Current issues
- 8:00 BREAKFAST
- 8:30 Welcome/Introductions
- 8:45 The Big Picture:
WHY the Emphasis on Career Pathways?
Global Competition – Education’s Role in Economic Development
What did you hear?
Career Pathways 101
“Career Pathways in my District”
- 9:45 Improving Academic Achievement with Programs of Study
- 10:30 BREAK
- 10:45 Community Teaming - Secondary/Postsecondary TEAM Sharing
Areas of Opportunities for Connections? Challenges?
- 12:00 LUNCH
- 12:45 Career Planning – Using POS as a Delivery System Sharing
- 1:30 BREAK
- 1:45 Adult Career Pathways
- 2:30 Next Steps for Collaboration. . .
Table Work and Report Out
- 3:00 Adjourn
SCC partners or current employed CTE educators/counselors can receive
a 100 stipend for this workshop! See the attached stipend below.