A Career Technical Education Regional Distribution Points Event
Reinvigorating Business/Industry Advisory Committees
The need for effective partnerships between educational institutions and employers has long been recognized as a pillar in effective career and technical programs. The workplace knowledge and resources provided by committee members help to ensure all aspects of career pathways reflect the needs and current conditions of the workplace. This workshop will prepare faculty and administrators to effectively select, work with, and make use of advisory committees in a career pathway system.
How do you know if you have high quality CTE Programs?
High Quality CTE programs have 11 key elements as outlined in the California State Plan for CTE. Come and learn how Solano County, working with their local school districts, used the 11 key elements to assess all CTE Programs county-wide. See how the results are making a positive impact.
Why You Should Attend
- Identify components of a Successful Advisory Committee
- Develop a local plan to ensure Community Ownership and Commitment
- Learn how to effectively select and work with Advisory Committees
- Learn how to utilize workplace knowledge of committee members for Career Pathway Success
Who Should Attend
- CTE and Academic Instructors, grades 7-14 W Counselors
- CTE Advisors
- Community Partners
- Pathway Teams
Agenda8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Announcements 9:15 a.m. State of Career and Technical Education in California 9:45 a.m. Reinvigorating Business / Industry Advisory Committees 12:00 p.m. Working Lunch 12:45 p.m. Developing Programs of Study 1:15 p.m. Assessing your Career Technical Education Program 2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and Evaluation
- 8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Announcements
- 9:15 a.m. State of Career and Technical Education in California
- 9:45 a.m. Reinvigorating Business / Industry Advisory Committees
- 12:00 p.m. Working Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. Developing Programs of Study
- 1:15 p.m. Assessing your Career Technical Education Program
- 2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and Evaluation
Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
350 S. Bixel Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
By way of the freeway system
The L.A. Area Chamber is easily reached by taking any major freeway to the Harbor Freeway (110), proceeding to the downtown Los Angeles area, and exiting at the 3rd Street off-ramp. Proceed west on 3rd Street a few short blocks to Bixel Street and turn left.
From downtown Los Angeles:
Go west on 5th Street and over the Harbor Freeway (110) to Bixel Street, and turn right.
From Beverly Hills and points west:
Head east on Wilshire or 6th Street, past Alvarado, to South Bixel Street, and turn left up to 4th Street.
Parking is available below the Chamber Building, and the garage entrance is on 4th Street.
Parking will be validated for the full amount so please bring your ticket with you and you will receive a validation sticker when you check-in. Additional parking is available at 1230 W. 3rd Street and validation tickets will be available for this as well.
|Dist. Flyer 2010.pdf||361.15 KB|