A Career Technical Education Regional Distribution Points Event
Reinvigorating Business/Industry Advisory Committees
The need for effective partnerships between educational institutions and employers has long been recognized as a pillar in effective career and technical programs. The workplace knowledge and resources provided by committee members help to ensure all aspects of career pathways reflect the needs and current conditions of the workplace. This workshop will prepare faculty and administrators to effectively select, work with, and make use of advisory committees in a career pathway system.
How do you know if you have high quality CTE Programs?
High Quality CTE programs have 11 key elements as outlined in the California State Plan for CTE. Come and learn how Solano County, working with their local school districts, used the 11 key elements to assess all CTE Programs county-wide. See how the results are making a positive impact.
Why You Should Attend
- Identify components of a Successful Advisory Committee
- Develop a local plan to ensure Community Ownership and Commitment
- Learn how to effectively select and work with Advisory Committees
- Learn how to utilize workplace knowledge of committee members for Career Pathway Success
Who Should Attend
- CTE and Academic Instructors, grades 7-14 W Counselors
- CTE Advisors
- Community Partners
- Pathway Teams
Agenda8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Announcements 9:15 a.m. State of Career and Technical Education in California 9:45 a.m. Reinvigorating Business / Industry Advisory Committees 12:00 p.m. Working Lunch 12:45 p.m. Developing Programs of Study 1:15 p.m. Assessing your Career Technical Education Program 2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and Evaluation
- 8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Announcements
- 9:15 a.m. State of Career and Technical Education in California
- 9:45 a.m. Reinvigorating Business / Industry Advisory Committees
- 12:00 p.m. Working Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. Developing Programs of Study
- 1:15 p.m. Assessing your Career Technical Education Program
- 2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and Evaluation