School Districts are required by Education Code Section 51934 to provide “HIV/AIDS prevention education from instructors trained in the appropriate courses” for “all pupils in grades 7 to 12”. Andrés E. Alba, the Program Manager from the UCSF Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center will prepare your instructors to meet this requirement.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Summarize STD/HIV trends locally and nationally
- Describe common STDs and their symptoms
- Describe the relationship between HIV and other STDs
- Describe which behaviors are high-risk for STD and HIV transmission
- Provide clear and simple risk-reduction messages about STDs to young adults
- Understand what is required regarding sexuality education in CA Ed. Code
- Learn how to appropriately respond to sexuality questions asked by youth
Who Should Attend?
- Middle school and high school teachers
- school nurses
- Other educators from government institutions
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Free to State Center partners
The California Department of Education site also has some valuable information on this topic.Warning - Graphic content within the FUSD STDs AIDS.ppt.
|Final Agenda.doc||68 KB|
|Selected Communicable Disease Report 4-2011.pdf||65.69 KB|
|Selected Communicable Disease Report 5-2011.pdf||66.52 KB|
|By Race Ethnicity.doc||2.34 MB|
|STDHIV for Educators.doc||39 KB|
|AIDS June 2011.xls||46 KB|
|Confidentiality and Laws on HIV Final.ppt||4.03 MB|
|HIV Chronic Disease and Adherence Final.ppt||3.69 MB|
|HIV June 2011.xls||47 KB|
|HIV lecture Sept 2011 101.ppt||6.52 MB|
|Selected Communicable Disease Report 5-2011.pdf||66.51 KB|
|FUSD STDs AIDS.ppt||12.2 MB|